Time really flies. I remember the first time when I hosted a yoga challenge, I was just really inspired by the various Instagram challenges going on, and made a casual comment about having my own personal yoga challenge on Tumblr. But there were so many people who wanted to join me, and that was when my first yoga challenge, Sassy Yoga Challenge, happened last June. I remember I was so new at it, but yet I had so much fun doing it. I had people from all walks of life joining me in my daily yoga practice. Yogis in all shapes and sizes, from different countries and cultures coming together and just having fun doing yoga together. It was such a nice little community. Before that I knew I wanted to be a yoga teacher, but not quite sure when. Do I do it a few years after graduation? Should I go out into the corporate world first? But these yoga challenges reaffirmed my faith and passion of spreading the love of yoga to everyone.
Since then, I had my August Yoga Jam, 2 instalments of #joytotheyogis on September & December, and #lovingyogis last month together with some of my favourite tumblr yogis (Ola, Stephanie, and Rae). Hosting a yoga challenge is fun because I get to learn from so many yogis and their own unique practices. They are so inspiring in their own ways and they deepened my yoga practice in so many ways. I can’t wait for work to be done so I can focus on teaching yoga full-time. Going for yoga teacher training is such a huge dream for me.
March is coming and this month, the yoga party is going to get bigger and better. We have 2 new tumblr yogis (Marion and Rox) joining us to host the March yoga challenge, #blossomingyogis. Spring is coming, and the new season truly marks a brand new beginning. We want to show gratitude to the little things in our lives.
So join us this month no matter whether you’ve been with me since last June during my first yoga challenge, or this is your first time doing this with us. There will be lots of modifications and help if you ever feel confused and lost.
We will be taking turns to host the challenge each day. Here is the list of poses we will be practicing this month:
- Compass Pose (Rox)
- Extended Warrior Pose (Angie)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana, Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ola)
- Pincha Mayurasana (Marion)
- One legged big toe bow pose (Rae)
- Standing splits with option for arm variation (Rox)
- Standing spinal twist (Angie)
- Urdvha Padmasana with option to Pindasana (Ola)
- Wild thing (Marion)
- Malasana with option to bind (Rae)
- Crescent lunge twist with option for twisted bird of paradise (Rox)
- Teddy bear headstand (Angie)
- Parsva Dhanurasana, Side Bow Pose (Ola)
- One-legged King Pigeon (Marion)
- Wide Angle Forward Bend variation (Rae)
- Wide Legged Headstand (Rox)
- Standing Backbend (Angie)
- Frog Pose (Ola)
- Triangle/Revolved Triangle (Marion)
- Visvamitrasana (Rae)
- Three-legged Wheel (Rox)
- Reclining Ankle to Knee Pose (Angie)
- Goddess pose with arm variation of choice (Ola)
- Reclined Twist Pose with Eagle Legs (Marion)
- Eka Pada Bakasana A, One-legged Crow Pose (Rae)
- Side Plank with Tree Pose (Rox)
- Three-legged Chaturanga (Angie)
- Scorpion, and variation for beginners – Dolphin Pose (Ola)
- Handstand (Marion)
- Headstand variation, Baddha Hasta Sirsasana B (Rae)
- Hands in Lotus Mudra
#blossomingyogis will be hosted on Tumblr and Instagram. The actual challenge post can be found here, so if you want to take part, remember to post your photos and tag #blossomingyogis so that we can take a look!
Here are our tumblr blogs that you should follow because we will be taking turns to host the challenge!
We hope to see your beautiful yoga practice in March! Drop me a comment below if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions relating to the yoga challenge. Have a great week ahead! <3